You came to a point in your life when you feel you need to change something? Everything had become boring and today is same as yesterday? You are not sure what to do in order to make your life in Louisiana more interesting? Then we have a possible solution for you. Have you considered moving from Louisiana to Florida?
Why would you move from Louisiana to Florida?
Yes, we know that is the first question that comes to your mind. And you are completely right. There are no many reasons to relocate from Louisiana to Florida. The weather is pretty much the same, demographics is similar, there is the Gulf of Mexico too. But, there are some differences that can make you at least think about moving from Louisiana to Florida.
1. Bigger cities
Yes, New Orleans is great. It has an interesting architecture, friendly people and rich history. But, it is still relatively small community. With less than 350,000 residents, it can’t even compare to the big Miami. The Miami metropolitan area has the seventh largest population in the United States. No wonder many people hire long distance moving professionals in Miami and start their new life in that megalopolis.
2. Fun – main reason for moving from Louisiana to Florida
New Orleans has a great Mardi Gras celebration, and Saints always bring a lot of fun and excitement in the city. And not to mention jazz, that was born in New Orleans. But, if you are a huge sports fan, then Florida is the best choice for you. Florida has a couple of professional teams, as well as many college and semi-professional ones. There are three NFL teams, two MLB teams, two NBA teams, two NHL teams, and one MLS team. And not to mention major NASCAR series and Miami Masters. So whatever sport you prefer, you can find something for yourself. And there are also the Walt Disney World Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, Everglades, Kennedy Space Center, etc.
One thing is definitely better in Florida than in Louisiana: nightlife. Throughout the state you can find a lot of bars and clubs, dance clubs and discos, comedy clubs. And it’s not everything in Miami! Fort Lauderdale, St. Augustine, Tallahassee and Tampa are also the places where the party never stops. Having fun is definitely one of the best reasons to move to Florida. So if you are a fan of the nightlife, relocating from Louisiana to Florida is the right choice for you.
What should you do when moving from Louisiana to Florida?
Getting used to the new place of residence can be hard if you don’t prepare yourself. So what are the things you need to do before you move from Louisiana to Florida?
1. Investigate the places where you could live
Besides the mandatory things like schools, job opportunities, hospitals, your new city has to have a lot of other characteristics. If you are not sure which city is the best for your relocation from Louisiana to Florida, we give you the list of five main areas. And one of them could be perfect for you:
- Florida Panhandle. It is the area where the capital of the state, Tallahassee, is. And in that area is the most famous university in the state, FSU.
- North Florida. Its biggest cities are Jacksonville and St. Augustine. There you can find Big Kahuna’s Water Park and Marineland of Florida.
- Central Florida. This area is perfect for your children since there are Disney World and SeaWorld. And, for adults, there is the Kennedy Space Center. The biggest cities are Orlando and Tampa.
- South Florida. It is the largest metropolitan area of the state. That is the place where the biggest Florida attractions, such as the Everglades, Miami, West Palm Beach, and Key West, are. Also, South Florida colleges are well known for their experts and great conditions. The most popular area for moving from Louisiana to Florida.
- Southwest Florida. The area with lot of museums, arts and theater, as well as beautiful beaches. Its main cities are Tampa, St. Petersburg, Naples, Sarasota and Ft. Myers.
Once you decide what is the best place for starting your new life, the next thing you should do is to hire professional movers. Reliable moving companies like Orange Movers Miami offer various services to make your move from Louisiana to Florida stress free. Just give them a call and they can finish everything.
2. Prepare for the weather
Get yourself ready for hot and humid summer all year long. There are some heavy summer storms, but they are really rare. But if you are relocating from Louisiana to Florida, adjusting to the weather should be easy.
3. Think about protecting your home from hurricanes
If you are moving to an apartment, then there is no need to worry about that. Buildings are usually protected and you can feel safe in them. But if you are planning to live in a house, get it ready for the possible hurricanes. All the information about protecting your house you can find on the Internet.
4. Learn some Spanish
That can be particularly useful if you are moving to the South Florida. You can make your life much easier if you have the good knowledge of that language. Consequently, you will make friends quickly and then easily solve all your problems.
5. Enjoy everything that Florida has to offer you
When you move to Florida from Louisiana, there are a lot of places where you can enjoy. Go to the beach, visit the Kennedy Space Center, enjoy the theme parks of Central Florida. You can also go for an air trip over the Everglades, as well as visit the Florida Keys. And not to mention all the places to visit after moving to Miami.
If you follow these simple rules, moving from Louisiana to Florida can be the easiest thing you have ever done. Good luck and have fun in Florida!