Tips for Relocating Your Business in South Florida
The Miami area is one of the top 12 largest metro areas in the country, and according to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are over 400,000 businesses throughout the county. It stands to reason that each year there will be businesses planning to relocate in the South Florida area. If you are one of them considering making the move, you are not alone, read on for helpful info on relocating your business.
Relocating your business in South Florida is not only common, but it is also something that we at Orange Movers are well experienced in. We have helped many businesses relocate in the area, including commercial offices, medical offices, retail businesses, and more. All of our business relocation experience has helped us know what helps provide a smooth move. Here are some of the tips for relocating your business:
- Work with an experienced real estate agent to help secure the best possible place to relocate your business to. The area offers a lot of commercial real estate options, and you want to get the most bang for your buck.
- Once you know where you will be moving to you will need to start planning out the move. Giving yourself at least a couple of months to prepare for the relocation is ideal. This way you can create a checklist of everything that needs to be done, as well as organize it by date, so that everything is done on time and nothing is missed.
- Hire a professional moving company early on, because they get booked and you may be scrambling to find one the closer it gets. Plus, the longer you wait you may end up sacrificing quality and ending up with movers that are not as efficient or professional. Get your movers reserved as soon as possible.
- Determine what your new office space will look like once you relocate. Ideally, try to map it out and determine where all of your staff will go. This way you have a plan and everyone knows where they will be. Plus, you can label the boxes and office equipment with each person’s name or office number, so that everything is delivered to the right area of the new office space.
- As you look around your office, determine what you no longer need. This is the perfect time to pare down and get rid of things that you no longer need or want. Rather than tossing them to the curb, if you have items that still have life left in them donate them to a local charity. Some will even pick the items up, saving you the drop-off trip.
- Be sure to communicate to your staff and customers that you will be relocating. Give them an advance notice. Also provide the relocation information to any of your vendors and have it changed on your business collateral, such as business cards and brochures.
Relocating your business in South Florida may seem like a difficult task, and it is if the you try to do it yourself. But if you work with professional movers, such as us at Orange Movers, you will find that relocation is not as big of a hassle as you may think. Our professional movers are well experienced, professional, and know how to help you efficiently relocate your business.