Are you moving to Miami any time soon? If you do, surely you are excited. Living in Miami is a dream for many people, and it is no surprise. Besides the beautiful city with beaches and nice weather, Miami is also famous for its wide and diverse gastronomical offer. But, because there are hundreds of fantastic restaurants in Miami and it can be really hard to know which are the best restaurants in Miami. You can simply get lost in this vast offer and you can easily miss the best places. That is why, before you call your South Florida moving and storage, read this article and find out which are the best restaurants to enjoy while living in Miami.
How to know which are the best places to eat in Miami
It is always good to learn about the new city before you move. And there is a lot to learn if you are moving to Miami. One of the interesting things to learn is which are the best restaurants in Miami. Of course, nobody can say that for sure. Nevertheless, there are restaurants that have better reputation than others. There are places where it is hard to find a reservation. Places that food critics mention in their food blogs and publications. Moreover, there are restaurants that people just love and keep coming back to.
A list of five best and most popular places to eat in Miami
- Mandolin Aegean Bistro is a great Mediterranean restaurant and one of the best restaurants in Miami. Make sure that you don’t miss it.
- Zak the Baker is a very popular little place that is part café, part bakery. If you like pastries, this is the place to go.
- Alter is an always crowded, rock’n’roll style place, opened in 2015. They rely on fresh local ingredients so their menu is changing all the time.
- KYU is a simplistic but fashionable Asian restaurant popular among art lovers. It mainly offers Asian cuisine dishes, but with the nice addition of a wood grill.
- Joe’s Stone Crab is more than a hundred-year-old restaurant, and that says a lot. If you are ready to try some stone crabs, you should know that their season is from October to May.
The Best Restaurants in Miami – Mandolin Aegean Bistro
The Aegean Sea is the sea between Greece and Turkey. And more than 10 years ago a Turkish man and his Greek wife opened a Mediterranean restaurant with Greek and Turkish cuisine. Their menu is divided into salads, mezes, sandwiches, and main dishes. They have happy hours, brunches and more. The restaurant has indoor and outdoor dining areas with 150 seats. The Mandolin Aegean Bistro is located in the Designer District and their working hours are Mon-Sat: Noon–11:00 PM and Sun: Noon–10:00 PM.
The Best Restaurants in Miami – Zak the Baker
Zak the baker is a part café part bakery. If you like bakery products this is the perfect place for you. People from all parts of Miami come here for their loaves and other baked goods. The place is located at 295 NW 26th St Miami and their working hours are 7am – 7pm. They don’t work on Saturdays.
The Best Restaurants in Miami – Alter
Alter is Miami’s most famous experimental New American restaurant. It has a raw, industrial design with naked concrete floors and walls and a partly opened kitchen where you can take a peek and see how your food is being prepared. It is located at 223 NW 23rd St Miami. And they are opened Tue – Sun: 7 pm – 11 pm.
The Best Restaurants in Miami – KYU
Is a fantastic Asian Cuisine restaurant that draws a fashionable crowd. If you want to eat here, you better get a reservation, because the place is almost always full. They offer cocktails, wine, beer and sake for drinks. But everybody comes for their firewood grill, and that is their main attraction. You can find them at 251 NW 25th St Miami. Their working hours are Tue–Sat: Noon–11:30 PM, Sun: 11:00 AM–10:30 PM
The Best Restaurants in Miami – Joe’s Stone Crab
Even if you are moving to Fort Lauderdale, Joe’s Stone Crab in Miami Beach is a place you will have to visit. It is a big, more than a 100-year-old, restaurant. Even though it is a little bit old fashioned, it is a very popular place. It is Miami’s most well-known restaurant. Of course, their main dish is the stone crabs. But if you want to taste them you have an opportunity to do so from October until May. They are located at 11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach. Their working hours are Mon-Sun: 5:00 PM–10:00 PM, Tue–Thu: 11:30 AM–10:00 PM, Fri–Sat: 11:30 AM–11:00 PM.
An additional selection of Miami restaurants
Of course, it all comes to your taste and desires. But these are probably some of the best restaurants in Miami. After you taste their food and their atmosphere, maybe you would like to visit these as well:
- Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink is a nice tavern-like restaurant in Design District.
- Zuma is a modern Japanese restaurant. The place is always full of regular customers who come for the sleek Japanese small plates and robata grill.
- Mignonette is one of the best seafood restaurants in Miami. If you are up for Clams appetizer with bacon and white wine, visit Mignonette.
- Byblos is a large and lively restaurant that truly offers a unique experience.
- Eating House is a popular place with murals and street art on the walls, but their food is much more serious than you would expect in a place with street art on the walls.
Enjoy Miami while you are there
So, moving to Miami is a great opportunity to enjoy many different cuisines. People from all over the world are living in Florida, and that can easily be recognized through Miami’s vast gastronomical diversity. If you are that lucky and you are moving to Florida too, make sure that you do not miss to try out some of the best restaurants in Miami. And enjoy while you are living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.