Planning Your Budget for Local Moving in Coral Springs
If you’re planning for local moving to a new home in Coral Springs, you’ll need to figure out what your budget for it is. Moving isn’t free, and even the most low-budget move will still incur a few expenses. Before you start looking into hiring a local moving company, you’ll need to know your budget.
How Much Does Local Moving Usually Cost?
The average cost of moving can vary with your location. In nearby Miami, the average cost of moving locally is around $368. Typical costs are roughly similar here in Coral Springs. The cost can also scale with the amount of things you own, as moving companies generally bill according to the weight of your possessions. Moving everything from a four bedroom home costs considerably more than moving from one studio apartment to another.
There are other factors that can affect the overall costs of your move as well:
- Time of year. This is less of a concern here in Coral Springs, although summer is still the busiest time for moving. If you try to hire a moving company at the last minute during the busiest time of year, your costs will be higher than if you book ahead during the winter, which is generally slower. Book as far in advance as you can, as local movers are generally booked well ahead of time.
- The distance that you’re moving. Moving locally is less costly than moving to a different city or state, due to differences in gas expenses, coordination, and logistics.
- Whether you’re packing yourself. Full service moving costs more than hiring a moving service after you’ve already packed everything on your own. For many people, however, the convenience of full service local moving justifies the extra cost.
- The accessibility of your existing home and your new home. When you consult with a moving company to get your estimate, tell them as much as you can about the layout of your new house. Long, narrow driveways or steep roads can complicate moving, as can small doorways and spiral staircases.
- Moving insurance. Many people opt to pay a little extra for additional moving insurance, which helps protect the value of your belongings if they’re broken or damaged during the move.
- Storage. If you need to store things temporarily or permanently in a storage unit, it will incur a monthly cost of anywhere from $50-200 per month, depending on the size and type of storage unit.
- Hiring local movers. Hiring a local moving company can be almost as cost-effective as renting a moving truck or van yourself, but it’s much more convenient. Moving is a hassle no matter how you slice it. For most homeowners, hiring professionals for local moving in Coral Springs is well worth the modest expense.
- First month’s rent. If you’re a renter, you’ll usually need to put down the first month’s rent in advance before you move into a new house or apartment. Some landlords may request both the first and last month’s rent.
- Pet deposit. For renters with pets, a pet deposit is usually required.
- Security deposit. For most rental properties, you’ll need to put down a deposit to cover any damage to the property that may occur while you’re living there. In a best case scenario, you’ll get that money back in full when you move out. But at the time of your move, it can present a significant extra expense.
Planning Your Budget
Before you move, you’ll need to determine your budget ahead of time, taking into account the potential expenses listed above. It’s a good idea to get a nonbinding estimate from more than one company prior to your move, at least a month or two in advance. This can help you get a better idea of about how much you can expect to pay for your move, which is largely determined by the amount and weight of possessions you need to move, as well as considerations like the accessibility of your old and new properties. In Florida, moving companies are legally required to provide you with an estimate that’s fully itemized.
Your budget will determine what kind of moving services you should get. Full service local moving includes things like packing services, but is more expensive than simply having your already packed boxes transported from point A to point B. For many people, the cost is well worth the convenience, but if you’re on a limited budget, you may need to pack by yourself instead to save money.
Affordable Local Moving Services in Coral Springs
At Orange Movers, we help renters and homeowners in Coral Springs move locally to new properties in the immediate area, as well as with long distance moves. To find out more, or to schedule your consultation and get an estimate for your move, call us any time, or fill out our contact form.