Miami home design ideas
Miami has always been pretty inspiring for home decorators and designers. Whether you’re living in a small apartment or in a beach house, you can always use some Miami home design ideas. After you hire reliable movers in Miami to relocate you, make sure your home reflects your personality. It should feel cozy and be inviting for your friends.
Choose your style
Before you decide about changing your Miami home design, you should think about the overall style of your home. If you have the budget, you can choose between a modern, classic, Mediterranean or other styles. However, if your budget is limited, you can upgrade your Miami home design with materials you already have.
Set the budget
Setting the budget for renovation and changing the design of your Miami home is up to you. Making the best with what you already have at home doesn’t have to cost much so try reorganizing your storage space. Use old fabrics to lighten up the room or dispose of unnecessary stuff you don’t use anymore. Make sure to calculate how big of a change in your Miami home you want to make.
Make a decoration plan
After you set the budget, you should make a decoration plan so you know what will make every room in your home look like new. If you’re redesigning your office, make sure that the focal point of the room is the working table and it’s position.
- If your bedroom is the room you want to upgrade, think about changing colors of the walls and bedsheets. A small change in perspective can make it look like new.
- For your living room, the center of attention should be the seating area and accessories like artwork, bookshelves and coffee table. Making a good plan for your new Miami home design will help you save a lot of money.
Let the sunshine in!
- No matter how you plan to upgrade your Miami home design, make sure you use as much of the natural light as you can. This doesn’t mean that every room should be on the sunny side. Moreover, in many apartments in Miami that is not even possible. But if it happens that you have a room with larger windows, take a look at the corner that has the most sun rays.
- Choosing lighter colors for smaller spaces will make a room appear larger and brighter. On the other hand, the designer usually uses contrasting colors for bigger rooms to bring more attention to details.
- If you want to achieve the „taller walls“ effect, hang your drapes and curtains as high as you can. Placing mirrors on the opposite side of the windows can also help you get more sunshine in the room.
Combine modern with classic style
Many people would like to have a modern design of their Miami home. However, you don’t need a lot of cash for achieving that. You can restore old pieces of wooden furniture by painting them in brighter colors so it can make a big change. An old sofa can look as good as new if you combine it with modern patterns of the pillowcases.
Choose colors wisely
We all heard about the rule for light and dark colors. Using lighter colors for smaller spaces will make them appear larger, and with darker colors – the opposite. Professional home decorators say that the new trend in Miami home design is all in playing with contrasting colors.
- If you have larger pieces of furniture in lighter colors, paint on or two wall sides the darker color. Hanging some artwork pieces on the white wall can also bring attention to details. However, try not to overdo it.
- Don’t put too many details in a small room. A small bedroom will have a peaceful vibe if you use pastel, neutral or earthy colors. Moreover, the same rule applies for the bathroom. Let the colors of the Miami beaches inspire you. Using blue, green, white and sand colors will make every bathroom feel like a spa.
Make storage space a part of your Miami home design
Having enough of the storage space is the most common design problem in many homes. If you just moved to Miami, professional unpacking service Miami can help you unpack and sort out your belongings. You can hire Miami storage service to help you store your extra stuff you don’t use every day.Whether you live in a small apartment in Miami, or you want to redesign your Miami beach house, make the most of the space you have.
- Building open shelves can be useful in any room. Put some extra open shelves in the kitchen, put the bathroom towels on display or make a nightstand as an open shelf. If you need some extra storage space like drawers, you can use the space underneath the stairs and your bed.
- When it comes to walls, think up! Use every corner of the upper part of your walls and make the most of their hight. Use the hight of your walls as much as you can. Add some shelves on the top of your library will make a room look taller. Add some decorative boxes on top of the shelves and there you go – you have both an extra storage and a great Miami home design idea!
Make your home feel cozy
Your home should reflect the personality of you and your family. Whether you live in a small Miami apartment or a big house on the beach, details will make your home feel authentic.
- If you want to decorate your home on the budget, use the existing pieces of fabrics you already have. Making new pillowcases, tablecloths and drapes don’t have to cost a lot of money.
- For making your home cozy and friendly, you can put some decorative candles, vases and photo frames in contrasting colors. These details will bring attention to your guests but won’t take much space in the room. If you live in a Miami house, make sure to maintain your garden daily so you can enjoy sunny days outside.