How to Choose the Right Storage Company
Downsizing but don’t want to part with your favorite antiques quite yet? Need a place to store your furniture for a few weeks during a relocation? Simply want to clear out some clutter? Renting a storage unit can be a cost-effective, efficient way to free up space in your home or to store belongings during a move or transition period. Here a few tips that will help you choose the right storage company.
- Flexible lease terms. Storage needs vary widely, so you’ll want a service that offers the flexibility to meet your personal situation. A good storage company should offer a wide range of lease terms, including month-to-month services, discounted long-term rentals, and everything in between.
- Top-notch security. When you’re putting your items in storage, you’re trusting that they’ll be kept as safely and securely as they would be in your own home. Before hiring a storage company, ask about their security protocols. Are there cameras installed? Are the units patrolled regularly? Can you stop in and check on your belongings as needed? Getting the answers to these important questions will help you evaluate the quality of the service and how safe your items will be.
- Quality climate control. Maintaining the proper climate in each storage unit is extremely important in the prevention of mold, mildew, and heat-warping, so be sure to ask your storage company about their humidity and temperature control procedures, especially if you will be storing valuable or sentimental items.
- Stellar reviews. One of the best ways to find out about a company’s reputation and customer satisfaction is to read reviews on websites like Yelp, Google Reviews, and Angie’s List. Reports of damaged or stolen items, or inconvenient access to belongings should be considered red flags.
- Excellent customer service. Getting your items packed and into storage can be a hassle. The best storage companies will offer full-service options (which include everything from packing, to transportation, to unloading) to make storing your belongings as easy as possible.
Looking for a high-quality storage service in South Florida? Get in touch with Orange Movers today!