How to Announce That Your Business is Moving
Many small businesses eventually decide to move to a new location. Sometimes they need more space, or they’re upgrading to better real estate in a nicer area of town. Either way, if you’re moving a business away from Cutler Bay, you’ll need to notify both your customers and your vendors about the move. These business moving announcement tips will help you make sure everyone is informed about your new location.
Business Moving Communications
Before moving your business, you’ll need to make sure everyone knows about your new location. This includes not only your customers, but the vendors that you work with. These five strategies can help you plan and communicate your business move.
- Announce the move to your employees well ahead of time. Your employees need to know about the move as soon as possible. It may affect their daily commute. Regardless of the size of your staff, you should announce the move in a company-wide meeting. Knowing about the move well ahead of time can help make the experience less stressful for your staff.
- Outline business moving responsibilities to your employees. Even if you’re working with a business moving company, your employees may have some moving-related responsibilities. Whether you need them to help pack things in boxes, or they’re just responsible for the contents of their own desk or cubicle, it’s best to clearly delineate their responsibilities well in advance. If you have any IT staff, they should be responsible for moving computers, printers, and other technological equipment.
- Create a campaign to notify customers and vendors about your move. This is largely a public relations thing, and if you handle PR in-house, you’ll need to inform everyone. If your marketing and PR are handled by an agency, they can assist you. You should communicate the news about your move on all of your social media profiles, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and anything else you’re using to connect with your customer base. Your website should also notify people of your upcoming business move. As an extra way to notify your community, you may also want to submit a press release to the local newspaper.
- Update your marketing materials. You’ll need to update your website, Google My Business page, and social media pages to your new address. Your stationery, letterhead, business cards, and other promotional print materials will also need to be updated.
- If you’ve been considering rebranding, now is a good time. While you’re already in the midst of major changes, you’re in a good place to rebrand if you’ve been considering it. Updating your website design, logo, and other materials can be a good idea. You may as well do it contemporaneously with your move. There are many agencies, as well as independent freelancers, who can provide the services you need to rebrand effectively. If you’re not crazy about your logo and style guide, or your website hasn’t seen a redesign since 2008, it might be time for some rebranding.
- Update your address on online review sites. If your business has a presence on Yelp or other review platforms, this is also a place where you’ll need to update your address.
- Consider creating a blog post about your move. If your business maintains a blog on your website, it’s a good idea to create a blog post that announces the move as well.
- Update your ad campaigns. Local advertising will need your new address, too.
- Update your information with industry and member organizations. Things like the local Chamber of Commerce will also need to be notified of your address change.
- Consider a Grand Opening event. Why not have a party to announce your new grand opening at a new location? It’s a great way to connect with your local community.
Business Moving Made Simple
At Orange Movers, we’re experienced commercial movers. We’ve helped many small businesses in Cutler Bay successfully move their operation into a new office location. To find out more, call us any time, or fill out our online contact form to get in touch with a helpful representative.