5 Tips for Choosing a Great Moving Company
Each year, thousands of people in the Miami area move. While some move across town, others move out of the state. While moving can be a stressful time, one of the best ways to make it more enjoyable is to hire the right moving company from the start. This will help you to feel more secure that your belongings will make the transition right along with you, without there being any problems. The more thought you put into hiring a great moving company, the better your move is likely to be.
Here are 5 tips for choosing a great moving company:
- Ask around. It’s always helpful if you can get some honest reviews from people you know. Ask around to see if anyone has (good or bad) experiences with moving companies. Check online reviews, and contact the Better Business Bureau to inquire about a moving company’s reputation. You want to choose a moving company that has a reputation for providing good service.
- Get it in writing. Avoid companies that offer verbal quotes over the phone, but are not forthcoming with a written estimate. To choose a good mover, you need a written estimate that will give you a good idea of what the move will cost and what their policy is regarding expenses over and above that estimate once the move takes place. Ideally, get a written quote or estimate from at least three moving companies, so you can compare.
- Avoid red flags. There are often red flags that come up, but people still move forward with those companies. Such things as being required to put down large deposits right away, pay all in cash, or trying to reach a moving company that has inconsistent phone and address information are all reasons to pause and investigate further.
- Ask lots of questions. A good moving company will have no problem answering all of your questions and making sure you know exactly what to expect. Be sure to write down all of the questions you would like answered, so that when you are talking with them you won’t forget anything.
- Go with your gut. Having all of the information in hand and having determined which one is offering you a fair rate, your next step is to go with your gut instinct. If you got a good feeling, or a negative one, from any particular moving company then you want to keep that in mind. Often times, our intuition can help steer us in the right direction if we pay attention to it.
When you choose the right moving company you will rest assured, knowing your move will take place with ease. You will find there is less stress and worry. A good moving company will help put you at ease, because they care about helping you make a successful and smooth transition. Here at Orange Movers, we realize we are only as successful as we help our clients to be during their moves. We have a solid reputation for helping many people with their local and long distance moves, serving the North Miami Beach, Miami, Pembroke Pines, and Hollywood areas.