5 Things to Know About Moving Your Office in the Miami Area
There are thousands of offices in the Miami area, and each year many of them decide to make a local move. The task may seem unbearable when you stop to look around your office, but trust us when we say it’s not nearly as difficult as it may seem. We have helped move many offices in the area, and it has given us a good idea of what people should know when planning their next office move. If you are unsure about how to move your office, you’ll find some helpful tips below.
Here are 5 things we think you should know about moving your office:
- It takes a plan. No office can just pick up on a whim and decide to move. Moving an office takes work, and it is going to take planning it out. Months before the move, it is important to start determining when everything will be done and begin contacting those such as the telephone company, who will be instrumental in helping to move your phone lines over. Make a list of everything that needs to be done, put it in a good time frame, and create a check-off list that you can use to ensure that everything gets done in the time frame that it should.
- There’s a lot to pack. Offices are filled with things that need to be packed, including files, desks, books, and more. Determine when it will get packed and by whom. Things like filing cabinets will need to be emptied and taped shut, as will the desks. Assign a number or office name to everything, so that everyone knows what stuff belongs to which office. Also, create a map of the new office you will be moving into, so that upon moving in everything can be immediately moved into the correct space.
- Communication is key. Moving your office is something that needs to be communicated to employees, as well as vendors and customers. Make sure employees know well in advance, and that vendors and customers know at least a couple of weeks ahead of time. Be sure to update the new location information on your website, business cards, brochures, social media sites, etc.
- Setting up can’t be forgotten. Too often, office staff are busy concentrating on the move and tend to forget about the set up on the other end. Once your office is all moved, you will need to have things set up again, which is usually a lot of work for your IT department and the phone company. Be sure to plan for this and have these people ready to go, so that there isn’t a delay as you try to round them up and get people out who can help get you back up and running properly.
- Hiring a good mover is essential. The best way to have a smooth office move is to hire a professional moving company. While you can get a few employees involved in overseeing the move and caring for the computers, it’s not a good idea to have them taking care of the whole move.
Office moving doesn’t have to be a huge headache. When you have a plan and know what to include, and you work with a professional moving company, your office move will be a lot smoother than you could ever have imagined. At Orange Movers we have a great reputation for helping with both commercial and residential moves, making great customer service our top priority. Use our moving calculator to get a quick and accurate quote for your upcoming move.