5 crucial steps for moving your office to Miami
Expanding one’s horizons is always a good thing. No matter if you’re simply looking for a change of scenery or are offered a much better business proposal, moving your business can be not only profitable but also pleasurable. And this goes double when it comes to relocating to Miami. The only issue here you might have is how to go about doing it. Well, how about we offer you some relocation commandments to help you transition. You might call it a quick guide on moving your office to Miami.
Key proposals on office relocation to Miami market
Being the popular destination that it is, Miami not only attracts tourism but also big businesses. Which is why it is a popular commercial destination for all sorts of companies. There are countless business relocations within and to Miami on an annual basis. In theory, it might seem complex and overbearing, but in truth, it can be quite simple. All you need is to know the ropes. And what better way than finding professional Miami movers to offer their input. Having moved a number of businesses, they are uniquely equipped with the knowledge of what c means. Understanding the needs of a local Magic City move, calculating the factors of moving your office to Miami – everything one might need. So in case you are drawing a blank, continue reading.
5 game-changing quotes to consider when moving your office to Miami:
- A goal without a plan is just a wish. No office can just pick up on a whim and decide to move. Moving an office takes work, and it is going to take planning it out.
- Communication is key. Moving your office is something that needs to be communicated to employees, as well as vendors and customers.
- Packing is no easy task. Offices are filled with things that need to be properly packed, including files, desks, books, and more. Determine when it will get packed and by whom.
- Hiring a good mover is essential. The best way to have a smooth office move is to hire a professional moving company.
- Relocation is not done until everything is set up. Once your office is all moved, you will need to have things set up again, which is usually a lot of work for your IT department and the phone company. Be sure to plan for this.
These steps are not only important on a stand-alone basis – they are also co-dependent. Your job in this project will be to do each of them separately and then merge them all together towards a common goal – making your commercial relocation to Miami a summer breeze.
First order of business – planning out you commercial relocation to Magic City
Like any business venture, moving your office to Miami involves a whole lot of planning and organization. And it’s important that you get a good head start. Our advice would be to start 3-4 months ahead of time. Three important tasks to consider:
- Inventory – unlike moving a house, moving an office involves three to four times as more stuff. Which is why it is important that you conduct an inventory
estimate. Simply knowing how much there is to move significantly helps with the rest of the steps.
- Budget – once you know your inventory, the next logical move is calculating the budget based on that very inventory. Factor in the costs of renting out your new Miami office space and the loss of business during the actual move. When you take away all that, you will have a rough estimate of your moving budget. This will help you determine a price range for hiring a professional moving company.
- Time-management – scratching off inventory and budget from your list leaves you with one last planning task: time. You know what you need to move and how much it will cost, all that is let is to see how long it will take. This is something you need to know in order to communicate the information to everyone influenced by your business.
Next step on the agenda -communicating the decision to your team
Get your team together and give them the news. It’s important that everyone is aware of the Miami relocation. After all, everyone has their own personal life to think about and plan. Some of your employees might not be willing to move with you to Miami, so you need to know who you can count on. Once you get the feedback you need, you will have a clear image of who and what you have to work with.
In addition to this, you need to make sure that your business partners and clients are aware of your relocation. Since this will put you out of the game for a while, they need to be made aware of that – it’s only fair. Some of the business partners might offer to take some of the heat, causing lesser loss of profit. Some of the loyal customers might decide to wait it out for while others might decide to prepare by stocking up. In any case, informing them shows that you have respect for them and that you mean to keep their business. This is how great companies are made.
Third point of the project – overall organization of moving your office to Miami
Now that you’ve communicated the relocation decision to your employees, time to delegate. Everyone will need to pull their own weight for maximum efficiency. So make sure that every person in your office has a task to do for the move. For starters, you can have everyone pack their personal belongings and desks. This way, you’ll save a whole lot more time, as well as money on professional packing services.
You might also consider entrusting someone to supervise and de-clutter the extra office supplies and paperwork no longer needed for the Miami move. After all, the less you have to take with you, the less it will cost. Luckily, a lot of information today can be backed-up on compact hard drives, which saves you having to bring with your folders and boxes.
Fourth key task – procuring the services of a professional Miami commercial moving company
One of the most critical tasks is to hire the Miami office movers. There are moving companies that specialize in office moves. Just make sure you do your research, ask the right questions, and have the company come to your office to assess your move. Like any household move, you need to make sure the company is reliable and that you are receiving the best service for the cost.
If you have the budget for it, consider hiring professional packers. This will not only save you time, but it will reduce stress for your employees as well. Areas of the office that are common (often the most difficult spaces to pack and move) will be packed in a quick and professional manner.
Point five to bring the meeting to a close – getting you new Miami working space up & running
It’s always difficult to move into a new space but when you have to figure out where everything and everyone goes, and that takes a lot of time. Make sure you know where each piece of your office furniture and employee goes.
Once you have the blueprints and design, unpacking will be much easier since you know where what goes. This is where your employees can also assist, unless you’ve opted for full service moving. And this brings our short introduction plan on moving your office to Miami to a close. Best of luck in your new Florida business endeavors!